Four digital inputs
The extension module offers four additional digital inputs. These interfaces enable an inverter to convert signals from a ripple control receiver. The grid operator uses these signals in the event of grid faults in order to limit the output of the solar PV system. In this way, the system contributes to the stabilisation of the grid - without you having to invest in extensive measures such as external data loggers.
In Germany, participation in this kind of grid management comes from the Renewable Energy Sources Act. It provides two alternatives for solar PV systems with a DC output of up to 30 kilowatts:
- Output remotely controllable by the grid operator
- Fixed limitation of the feed-in power to 70% of the system power.
Avoid yield losses
As a plant operator, you miss out on yield due to the fixed limitation. With the expansion module, the decision for remote-controlled, dynamic power limitation is easy: network disturbances occur only rarely and the costs for the module are comparatively low.
Your benefits at a glance
- Four additional digital inputs for blueplanet inverters of up to 20 kilowatts
- Implements signals from ripple control receivers to control output
- Higher yields as compared to fixed output limitation
- Cost-effective alternative to external data loggers