Fighters in the name of progress
Every journey begins with a first step. For Ralf Hofmann and a dozen engineers, one step was not enough. They wanted more. They brought with them experience, ingenuity and a lot of enthusiasm. Today, KACO new energy is one of the world's largest manufacturers of photovoltaic inverters. It is a Swabian success story!
- 1914 In Heilbronn, the engineers Gustav Bach, Albert Hirth and Gustav Klein founded the first German factory specializing in the industrial manufacture of cylinder heads, flanges, and ring gaskets for the German automobile industry.
- 1998/99 Start of KACO Gerätetechnik GmbH.
- 1999 Launch of the first transformerless solar PV inverter.
- 2003 Move to Neckarsulm.
- 2004 Opened the development and logistics centres in Erlenbach and Kassel.
- 2005 New branch office established in San Francisco, California (USA).
- 2006 The production centre Plant 3 in Neckarsulm is completed.
Expansion to Greece.
- 2007 The new research and development centre opens in South Korea.
- 2008 A new logistics centre facilitates material flow and time management.
- 2009 Change of name: KACO Gerätetechnik GmbH becomes KACO new energy GmbH.
The branch offices in China and Spain open.
- 2010 Subsidiaries in France and Italy are established.
- 2011 The new plants in Neckarsulm are running at 100%, as are the production facilities in London, Ontario (Canada) and San Jose, California (USA).
- 2012 KACO new energy launches the Powador-gridsave energy storage system.
Entering the utility-scale market with CPS Energy's 400 MW project in San Antonio, Texas (USA).
Opening of KACO new energy UK.
- 2013 Expansion into Japan, South Africa and the MENA region.
Development of a solution for the energy management of both electrical and thermal accumulators.
Start of production at the new facilities in San Antonio, Texas (USA).
- 2014 Double jubilee: 100 years of KACO and 15 years of KACO new energy.
KACO new energy and PRETTL offer the first complete PV-Diesel hybrid system.
KACO new energy positions itself for the future. As a manufacturer, consultant and solutions provider.